Two Services Deputies will be hired for the 2023-2024 school year, one for Retail Services (Campus Equipment Outfitters, Golden Words, Clark Hall Pub, and The Tea Room) and one for Educational Services (Icons, EngLinks, and Science Quest).
The major roles of the Services Deputies include:
- Working under the Director of Retail/Educational Services to improve business relationships between services managers and their staff
- Acting as a resource and second point of contact for all service managers
- Assisting the Director of Retail/Educational Services with short and long-term strategic planning and review of service goals and initiatives
- Collecting cross-portfolio feedback and customer feedback
- Assisting with the implementation of mental health and wellness support within the Services Teams and HR-related duties
- Assisting in inter-service collaborative work and checking in with assistant managers for inter-service collaborations and events
Skills and interests that will be considered an asset for this position include:
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Interest in small business management and strategic planning
- Ability to research and learn independently
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude towards networking
- May 1st, 2023 to April 30th, 2024
- Services Deputies position will report directly to the Director of Retail/Educational Services and meet with them on a bi-weekly basis at minimum
- Approximately 1-5 hours per week
Any questions about the position can be directed to the Incoming Director of Retail Services Lily Stock at retail.incoming @engsoc.queensu.ca or the Incoming Director of Educational Services Liam Osborne at education.incoming @engsoc.queensu.ca.
Applications are due by Thursday March 30th, 2023 @11:59PM.