Only undergraduate students in the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering are eligible for a position as an iCon.
The main responsibilities of a iCon include:
- student resource to the Integrated Learning Center (ILC)
- act as a resource to students by keeping the building accessible after normal faculty hours
- providing building, lab, and special equipment access to students
Skills and interests that will be considered an asset for this position include:
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude towards networking
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal qualities such as strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to work well in a team dynamic
- Head iCon
- September 1st, 2023 to April 30th, 2024
- This is not a paid position during the summer
- Minimum wage
- Working at least one 3-4 hour shift a week
If you have any questions please reach out to the Incoming Head iCon, Mikayla Perrin at icon.incoming @engsoc.queensu.ca.
Applications are due Thursday March 23rd @11:59PM.