Science Quest is directed by four undergraduate students: The Science Quest Head Director, the Assistant Outreach Director, the Assistant Business Director, and the Assistant Marketing Director. These four will work with one another, along with the Engineering Society Vice-President (Operations) and Director of Services, to provide vision and leadership for Science Quest during their respective terms.
Science Quest's success depends tremendously on the partnership that is formed between the directors from the very beginning, and clear and concise communication must always exist between the four individuals. The three assistant directors will report to the Head Director at all times, but they will still act as key partners in support, accountability, advice, and encouragement for the next 12 months.
This application closes November 16th at midnight.
If you have any questions please contact the Director of Services, Alexa Hadley (services @ engsoc.queensu.ca).
The major roles of the Science Quest Marketing Director include:
- The management and organization of the organization’s instructing team
- Maintaining positive relationships with Queen's and the greater Kingston community
- Maintaining a stable business and financial structure
- Following all EngSoc policy as related to the service
- Hiring of 10 and 16-week instructors
- Discussing portfolio updates during weekly meetings
- Ensuring the operational readiness for all operations
- Aiding the Science Quest Director in the creation of a strategic plan and operational budget for the business year
- Coordinate Science Quest's marketing initiatives
- Manage the Science Quest website and social media accounts
- Manage Science Quest's inventory and ensure materials are available to instructors
- More roles and areas of responsibility will be specified upon hiring and through discussion with the Science Quest Director. The Marketing Director will also occasionally spend time working as an instructor for both workshops and summer camp.
Skills and interests that will be considered an asset for this position include:
- Basic knowledge of graphic design is an asset.
- Strong leadership skills
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude towards networking
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Interest in small business management
- Strong ability to research and learn independently
- Ability to motivate self and other assistant managers, and work in groups
- Extensive time management and organizational skills
- Ability to develop projects through all stages of development and implementation
- Ability to analyze information and develop conclusions
- Science Quest Head Director
- Engineering Society Director of Services
- Engineering Society Vice-President (Operations)
- January 1st, 2023 to December 31st, 2023 (part-time during the school year, full-time from May 2023 to August 2023)
- The position will be paid part-time during the school year salaried at $60/week (subject to approval) and paid full-time May-August salaried at $650/week (subject to approval). Estimated hours: about 35 hours/week
- Salary is non-negotiable
- COVID-19: This position's expected hours and pay may vary significantly due to changes in the provincial guidelines related to the operations of the service.
Applicants are expected to provide an Application Package. The package must include (in the following order):
- Title page
- Responses to the following 5 questions:
- Describe your leadership style and a time you worked effectively with a team.
- Describe ONE goal or new idea you would like to implement for Science Quest and how you would achieve it.
- Why do you want to be the Marketing Director of Science Quest and what qualities and/or experiences would make you a good fit for this position?
- EngSoc is committed to ensuring all of our events are accessible and inclusive. What equity, diversity, and inclusivity initiatives do you think should be implemented into this portfolio?
- Please add anything additional you would like to say in your application package (optional)
- Maximum 700 words per question
- Font: Calibri (Body)
- Text size: 11
- 1.15 spacing
- Include question headers above each of the responses
- Submit only ONE combined document and attach it to your Breezy application.