Queen's Space Conference (QSC) strives to connect students and the Kingston community to passionate speakers and exciting networking opportunities within the space industry. The Executive Team works with the conference co-chairs to plan and run the conference held in the winter semester. QSC is a great opportunity to meet and work with new people while gaining valuable skills and experience.
Applications are due March 28th at 11:59 PM.
The available director positions are summarized below.
1. Logistics Director
- Oversee Logistics Coordinators
- Plan conference venue, catering, etc.
- Oversee pre-conference promotional events (trivia, tasters, socials, etc.)
2. Sponsorships Director
- Oversee Sponsorship Coordinators
- Make/update sponsorship package
- Research grants/donations to apply for
- Communicate with speakers team to share contacts
3. Finance Director
- Manage cash inflow and outflow
- Work with co-chairs to make and update the conference budget
- Work with sponsorship team
- Communicate with internal and external teams regarding financial aid
4. Speakers Director
- Contact companies/individuals to speak at the conference
- Maintain contact with speakers and relay necessary information
- Communicate with sponsorship team to share contacts
5. Marketing Director
- Make/plan social media posts
- Produce posting schedule leading up to the event
- Plan other advertising (posters, etc.)
- Organize photo/video coverage of the conference
6. Delegates Director
- Manage delegate sign-up
- Communicate conference plans to all delegates
- Communicate with marketing to share contacts
If there are any questions or concerns regarding this position, please contact either incoming QSC co-chair: Aislyn Watson (a.watson @ queensu.ca) or Grant Hurley (g.hurley @ queensu.ca).