Apply to be the Communications Manager for the DoFY team!
The DoFY team is responsible for all things first year and as the Communications Manager you will help advertise upcoming events and important dates and information to the first-year students. You will have the chance to work closely with the Director of First Year and Events Manager to figure out what is coming up, and what information needs to be given to the first-year students. They will also play a large part in generating advertisements and posts to distribute this information to the first years. The Communications Manager will work closely with the Director of First-Year to help plan for the year and develop an effective marketing plan to ensure information reaches as many first-years as possible!
The Communication manager's main responsibilities are:
- Helping the Director of First Year, and First-Year Team advertise all upcoming events relevant to First Years
- Help Manage the First Year Team's social media and maintain an active presence in Facebook groups and chats, as well as other relevant social medias.
- Help the first-year team run events throughout the year
A candidate must:
- Be passionate about first-years and improving the first-year experience
Other helpful qualities include:
- Good communication skills
- A willingness to learn
- Previous experience in graphic design
- Willing to work with and support other members of the First Year team
The time commitment for this role fluctuates from week to week, depending on the upcoming events.
Some commitments to expect include:
- 1 weekly meeting (sometimes as a whole team, other times just with the Director of First Year)
- Additional time each week spent working on your individual tasks outlined above
Applications are due Thursday, March 23rd at 11:59pm.
If you have any questions about the position or would like to request additional accommodations, please do not hesitate to contact Danielle Gryfe, the incoming Director of First Year, at firstyear.incoming@ engsoc.queensu.ca