Apply to be the International Representative for the DoFY team!
The DoFY team is responsible for all things first year and as the International Representative you will act as a liaison between the Engineering Society/Faculty and International Students, ensuring they feel welcome and comfortable being a part of our amazing community! This position has a lot of opportunity for growth and new ideas and if you are passionate about improving the involvement of international students in the Engineering Society this is the position for you!
Their responsibilities include:
- Acting as a resource for international students
- Organizing workshops & events to make international students feel included
- Help the First Year team run exciting events throughout the year!
A candidate must:
- Be passionate about first years and improving the first-year experience
Other helpful qualities include:
- Being approachable
- A good understanding of the current resources offered to international students
- The confidence to deal with any conflicts that may potentially arise during the year
- Passion and drive to expand the portfolio and come up with new initiatives
- Willing to work with and support other members of the First Year team
The time commitment for this role fluctuates from week to week, depending on the upcoming events.
Some commitments to expect include:
- 1 weekly meeting (sometimes as a whole team, other times just with the Director of First Year)
- Additional time each week spent working on your individual tasks outlined above and supporting team members with their tasks
Applications are due Thursday, March 23rd at 11:59pm.
If you have any questions about the position or would like to request additional accommodations, please do not hesitate to contact Danielle Gryfe, the incoming Director of First Year, at firstyear.incoming@ engsoc.queensu.ca