Science Quest is directed by four undergraduate students: The Science Quest Director, the Assistant Outreach Director, the Assistant Business Director, and the Assistant Marketing Director. These four will work with one another, along with the Engineering Society Vice-President (Operations) and Director of Services, to provide vision and leadership for Science Quest during their respective terms.
The major roles of the Science Quest Director include:
- The coordination and implementation of all Science Quest programs
- The management and organization of both the summer and school year teams
- Maintaining positive relationships with Queen's and the greater Kingston community
- Maintaining a stable business and financial structure
- Following all EngSoc policy as related to the service
- Hiring of Assistant Directors and instructors
- Creation of a strategic plan and operational budget for the business year
- Overseeing the Assistant Director portfolios through weekly meetings
- Overseeing all aspects of Science Quest operations
- Scheduling of staff and workshops
- Operations and logistics of all endeavours
- Acting as a liaison with key contacts including but not limited to the Engineering and Applied Science Faculty, Canada Summer Jobs, etc.
- The promotion of all Science Quest Projects
Skills and interests that will be considered an asset for this position include:
- Strong leadership skills
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude towards networking
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Interest in small business management and finances
- Strong ability to research and learn independently
- Ability to motivate self and assistant managers, and work in groups
- Extensive time management and organizational skills
- Ability to develop projects through all stages of development and implementation
- Ability to analyze information and develop conclusions
- Engineering Society Director of Services
- Engineering Society Vice-President (Operations)
- January 1st, 2022 to December 31st, 2022 (part-time during the school year, full-time from May 2022 to August 2022)
- The position will be paid part-time during the school year salaried at $75/week (subject to approval) and paid full-time May-August salaried at $700/week (subject to approval). Estimated hours: about 35 hours/week
- Salary is non-negotiable
- COVID-19: This position's expected hours and pay may vary significantly due to changes in the provincial guidelines related to operations of the service.
Applicants are expected to provide an Application Package. The package must include (in the following order):
- Title page
- Responses to the following 5 questions:
- Describe your leadership style and a time you worked effectively with a team.
- Describe ONE goal or new idea you would like to implement for Science Quest and how you would achieve it.
- Why do you want to be the Head Director of Science Quest and what qualities and/or experiences would make you a good fit for this position?
- EngSoc is committed to ensuring all of our events are accessible and inclusive. What equity, diversity, and inclusivity initiatives do you think should be implemented into this portfolio?
- Please add anything additional you would like to say in your application package (optional)
- Maximum 700 words per question
- Font: Calibri (Body)
- Text size: 11
- 1.15 spacing
- Include question headers above each of the responses
Submit only ONE combined document and attach it to your Breezy application.