The main responsibilities of a Barista include:
- Making good quality espresso and coffee drinks
- Serving prepared food and making customized bagels
- Work effectively with a team and support others when necessary
- Provide friendly and attentive service to all costumers
- Working well in a fast-paced environment
- Retaining a calm demeanor throughout hours of high customer traffic
Skills and interests that will be considered an asset for this position include:
- Excellent interpersonal qualities such as strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and precise attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and improve their skills, such as attending coffee workshops and training sessions
- Tea Room management team
- September 1st, 2022 to April 30th, 2023
- This is not a paid position during the summer
- Minimum wage
- Working at least one 3-4 hour shift a week
- COVID-19: This position's expected hours and pay may vary significantly due to changes in the provincial guidelines related to operations of the service.
Applicants are expected to provide a video for this application. The video is to be uploaded as 'unlisted' to Youtube, with the link being pasted into this application. The length is capped at 2 minutes. Please include responses to the following 4 questions:
1. Why do you want to work at the Tea Room, and what skills do you have that qualify you for the position?
2. What new idea would you like to see the Tea Room implement next year. Would this initiative fit into any of the Tea Room's three founding pillars?
3. EngSoc is committed to ensuring all of our events are accessible and inclusive. What EDII-AS (equity, diversity, inclusivity, indigeneity, accessibility, and sustainability) initiatives do you think should be implemented into Tea Room's operations?
4. What artist should be featured on the Tea Room's Spotify more often?
Applications are due March 29th at 11:59pm. If you have any questions please reach out to the Incoming Tea Room Head Manager Taeya Carl at tearoom.incoming @engsoc.queensu.ca.
Interviews are on a rolling basis, you will be contacted about an interview shortly after submitting an application.